Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lander!!



When I was a young girl, I had me a Cowboy 5.13a
So I went to Lander Wednesday and today, and it was okay. I didn't climb all that much. I tried a 13b that was super scary because it was really over hanging, a 12 a that was also scary, and a 13a that was confusing and fun! I got real close on the 12, but one move was was kind of run out and it was a cross off of a slopey crimp to a pretty good pocket. So after the climbing, we ate at Cowfish and I had a really good burger. The next day, I warmed up on Wotai which was a 10d and was really fun. Up next was When I Was A Young Girl, I Had Me A Cowboy which was a 13a. The beginning started with bad holds and weird feet. I had to bump my left up and one more time to a real good pocket. Then I cut my feet and did a little hop to a huge pocket and clipped. After that, it was good pockets to weird weird WEIRD confusing sequence on slopey shallow pockets. I did a couple hangs to figure out some beta, but it would have been awkward. So I got to the last clip, but the anchors were over a bulge and it was kinda sketchy. So I came down (didn't have to clean because the draws were up already) and we left. I should mention that Kerrek got on it first, but hurt his tendon on the start pocket. So I just drove back to Casper and here I am now. Thank god for Lander and its short but hard routes.

No comments:

Post a Comment