Monday, June 21, 2010

Another good weekend in Ten Sleep Canyon, Wyoming!

Crown Prince Abdullah 5.12d

Another weekend in Ten Sleep. やた! Its always a good time in Ten Sleep. First day, was excellent. Got to meet a guy from Scotland! It was like a dream come true! And he was pretty strong as well. I did my normal warm up, then I flashed a short short 12a that was like a boulder problem. Afterwards, I got on a super cool route called Happiness in Slavery which is a 5.12 c? C or B. I don't really remember. But I was cruising it! I got all the way to the last bolt but was uber pumped and couldn't hold on anymore so when I moved to a crimp, my hand un-folded and I fell. I was soo close! I'm definitely going to have to come back to finish it. The next day was pretty good as well. I got on a route called Crown Prince Abdullah. It starts with a gnarley bouldery start, cool pockets, a semi-easy part, then crimpy/technical finish with a two finger pocket you clip into the anchor off of. I took a lot on this route, but I think I have the start dialed. But the weather forecasters predicted thunderstorms and were partly right. Dark dark clouds started to roll in and it drizzled a bit, so Alli and I booked it out of the crag with three dogs and thunder growling. Once we got closer to the car is when it actually started to rain. But it stopped shortly after, which is the funny thing. Once we got back to Alli's house, the wind really picked up. I was afraid my tent would blow away! But it stopped. Then it was training time! There were two others that were going to train with Lawrence, Alyssa (Lawrence's wife I think) and I, but the were at the crag still. So we started without them. It was a rough training sesh that was comprised of: Assisted one arm pullups, a hanging core workout, a tricep workout, squats, and another core workout. We were definitely wrecked afterwards. After the training, Charlie, Danny, and Liz, came back with pizza and we all hung out in Alli's living room and talked for a while. It was a terrific time with good climbs, laughter, pizza, and dog shenanigans.

No comments:

Post a Comment